Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Reflecting Back While Looking Ahead

Reflecting back on the year of 2012 it makes me remember all of the good and bad times and the lessons learned.

There was a few negatives in the year of 2012. Unfourtunetly in this past year I have attended my first viewing followed by about 5 more and also I was present at 3 funerals. Another thing is that I was living in fear of the world ending in 2012. There were so many rumors and global changes going on that I never really was sure if I were to wake up the next day. Lastly I have been emotionally effected by the Sandy Hook shooting, the death of Isabelle Tezla and the tragic Hurricane Sandy which created all of the destruction in the Jersey shore.

Aside from all of that the year of 2012 also held great memories and stellar achievements. To begin I made a lot of new friends. And now half of those people are my best friends and together we had and will have more fun times and memories to make. Also I got all honor roll in 2012 and succeeded in anything I strived for. Furthermore I was opened to new things that I now am devoted too and will move further in life with it at my side. Lastly I matured and developed life skills such as responsibility, commitment and a sense of knowing what my true values are.

The past year brought the good and bad but with that I learned many lessons. For example after hurricane Sandy I learned that people do care and taking things seriously by working together can actually get things accomplished. Also being in the presence of so many deaths I learned that its okay your loved ones are gone because they are now in a better place with out suffering and you will see them once again. To conclude I have learned that every day could be your last so live life to the fullest! 

2012 has taught me many things and in the next year I want to keep all them in mind and continue to be a good person. I am now striving to stay healthy, improve what I can academically and have fun in general. Have a great 2013!
 Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for more post by me:) @Rice.Krissy.Treats

No comments:

Post a Comment